TheLotter Review on Payouts, Withdrawals, and Winners
TheLotter doesn’t charge commissions on your winnings. However, it does deduct any local taxes that may be required by the law in the country where a lottery is based.
Prizes are divided into two main types:
- Big or Locally Taxed Prizes: These include lottery jackpots, any prizes worth more than $2,500, and prizes subject to local tax
- Secondary Winnings: Any other prizes
Secondary winnings are collected and deposited directly in your TheLotter account.
For big or locally taxed prizes, you’ll typically have to claim these yourself. This is especially true for jackpots, in which lottery operators often require players to claim their winnings in person.
For non-jackpot prizes that are above $2,500 or taxable, if the local law permits it, TheLotter tries to collect these on your behalf and credit the amount to your account.
How to Withdraw Money from theLotter
You get 7 options for withdrawing your winnings from your TheLotter account. Most of these are through bank transfer or trusted banking networks like VISA and MasterCard.
Just go to your account’s “My Account” tab and click “Withdraw.”
Payment and Withdrawal Methods
The Lotter gets two thumbs up for accepting a wide array of payment methods.
You have 25 deposit methods and 7 withdrawal methods available. That’s more than you get from many other lottery websites. Better still, theLotter’s banking methods work with a wide range of currencies, too.
Here’s a quick rundown of theLotter’s available banking methods:
|Visa||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR / ₹||–||5,000|
|MasterCard||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||5,000|
|Diners Club||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||5,000|
|Skrill||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||–|
|Neteller||US$ / € / £ / руб / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||5,000|
|PaySafe Card||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / ZAR||–||–|
|Trustly||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||–|
|Sofort||US$ / € / £||–||–|
|Eps||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||–|
|Bleue||US$ / € / £||–||–|
|CartaSi||US$ / € / £||–||–|
|Postepay||US$ / € / £||–||–|
|RAPID||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / ZAR||–||–|
|PSE||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / ZAR||10||–|
|Efecty||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / ZAR||10||–|
|Safety Pay||US$ / €||–||–|
|Zimpler||US$ / €||5,000/span>||–|
|Visa||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб||US$1||US$1,000||1-3|
|MasterCard||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб||US$1||US$1,000||1-3|
|Discover||US$ / € / £ / руб||US$1||US$2,000||1-3|
|Bank Transfers||US$ / € / £ / AUD||Varies||US$50,000||Varies|
Has Anyone Won?
Absolutely! Over 4 million people have won prizes since the company started in 2002. There’s even a (long) list of winners on their website!
Aura D., a player from Panama, holds the record for the website’s biggest win so far. Aura got $30 million as the sole winner of the Florida Lotto on July 19, 2017. She flew in on theLotter’s dime to claim her prize and has been living out a happy retirement since then.
Aura’s quiet post-win life is pretty typical for lottery jackpot winners. Check out our article on the lottery’s biggest winners to learn how other lucky players chose to spend their prize money.
In 2016, another lucky player from Iraq bet on the Oregon Megabucks lottery through theLotter and won the $6.8 million jackpot!
There are also about 5 winners who have won $1 million prizes each. Four of them hit the US Powerball’s second prize by matching 5 of the winning numbers. Another hit the $1 million US Mega Millions prize in 2017.
TheLotter Winners – Australia
- G. won $1 million by hitting the second prize for the US Powerball’s draw in October 2016. He had been playing through theLotter since 2003. G. racked up over 452 wins of minor prizes from various lotteries before hitting the million-dollar prize.
- 8 lucky Aussies struck gold with $106,300 in prizes after joining theLotter’s Powerball syndicate. Every line in their syndicate’s set won a prize, and the total was split among the 55 players who bought shares.
- L.M. won €25,000 from La Primitiva in 2015 by purchasing entries at theLotter.
- Howard L. won 885,377 rubles in the Russian Gosloto 6/45 lottery after just 6 months of playing through theLotter.
TheLotter Winners – The UK
- B.U. won $1 million after hitting the US Powerball’s second prize in April 2012. The major win came just five tickets after B.U. first started playing at theLotter. In another stroke of luck, B.U. won shortly after the new prize rules bumped up the second prize from $200K to a cool $1M.
- F.M. won €47,748 in Italy’s SuperStar draw after matching 5 of the winning numbers.
Additionally, there are plenty of winners (with pictures) between $50,000 and $1M providing further proof to the doubters regarding the authenticity of this platform.